Redefining the Asian Growth Story
17-19 July, 2013
While markets in Asia are growing at slower rates than in recent years, competition remains fierce across the private equity landscape, creating a challenging fundraising and deal sourcing environment for many GPs. Exit markets across the region are also causing concern as fund managers in Asia look for ways to deliver meaningful returns to their investors.
Join the region's most important fund managers and limited partners on 17-19 July at the AVCJ Singapore Forum, the leading private equity and venture capital gathering in the region. Attendees will hear three days of expert debates, keynote interviews, case studies and war stories focused on recent deals, market activity and the private equity issues that have been making the headlines.
Topics at the event will include:
- What is the global outlook for PE in 2013 and how does South-East Asia compare to Europe and the US as an investment destination?
- What lessons can be learned from the past decade of Indian PE?
- Does South-East Asia necessitate adopting a flexible approach in terms of deal size and controlling versus non-controlling stakes?
- Is the growth that China's PE industry has seen in the past two years sustainable in the long term?
- How can Indonesia avoid making the same mistakes as India as it develops further?
- What factors are causing the difficult exit environment and how can investors get the returns they desire?
- What emerging markets will fund managers be betting on as the next big destination for PE?
- In the last twelve months how have successful funds secured commitments from regional and global LPs?
SEAS Fellow and Lead Researcher, Economic Affairs, ASEAN Study Centre, INSTITUTE OF SOUTH EAST ASIAN...
Executive Director, 57 STARS
Investment Manager, HERMES GPE
Vice President, Private Equity, UNIGESTION
Partner, LGT CAPITAL PARTNERS
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, ALPINVEST PARTNERS
Managing Director, ALLIANZ CAPITAL PARTNERS GMBH, SINGAPORE BRANCH
Vice President, JP MORGAN ASSET MANAGEMENT
Executive Director, UNITED OVERSEAS BANK LIMITED
Vice President, HARBOURVEST PARTNERS (ASIA) LIMITED
Partner, ADAMS STREET PARTNERS
Head of Private Equity, TOKIO MARINE ASSET MANAGEMENT CO., LTD.
Director, BANK OF SINGAPORE
Director, BLACKROCK PRIVATE EQUITY PARTNERS (ASIA)
Senior Industry Professionals
CEO, AIF CAPITAL
Co-founder & Managing Partner, NAVIS CAPITAL PARTNERS
Executive Chairman, KV ASIA CAPITAL
Managing Director, HELION VENTURE PARTNERS
Managing Director, CHAMP PRIVATE EQUITY
Founder and CEO, LEOPARD CAPITAL
Partner, MATRIX PARTNERS CHINA
Senior Advisor, MEKONG CAPITAL
Head, Private Equity Group, KPMG IN SINGAPORE
Managing Director, SOUTHERN CAPITAL GROUP
Partner, NAVIS CAPITAL PARTNERS
Founding Partner, SARATOGA CAPITAL
Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, ANCORA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, ICICI VENTURE FUNDS MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED
Managing Director, THE CARLYLE GROUP
Operating Partner, J. C. FLOWERS & CO. LLC
Partner, ACCEL PARTNERS
Managing Partner, DRAGON CAPITAL PRIVATE EQUITY MANAGEMENT LIMITED
Chairman, HEADLAND CAPITAL PARTNERS